The COVID-19 Rental Assistance Program is here to help residents of Cuyahoga County who are having difficulty making rent payments due to the pandemic.
How does the program work?
The partnership between Cuyahoga County, the City of Cleveland, CHN Housing Partners, and EDEN, Inc. gives eligible residents:
- Up to three months of rental assistance, which is paid directly to the landlord.
- Priority is given based on criteria such as eviction status, accurate information, and complete documentation.
How do I apply / get more information?
- Apply online: NEOrenthelp.org
- Call for more information: 833-377-RENT (7368)
What do I need to apply?
Required documents include:
- Verification of COVID-19 related hardship (loss of income, illness, or increased expenses)
- Photo identification for all adults in the home
- Social Security cards for all household members
- Proof of income (tax returns, paystubs, or fixed income benefit award letter)
- Lease agreement
- Proof of citizenship
- Most recent utility bills (for those also applying for utility assistance)
Applications will not be considered or accepted until all required documents have been submitted.
Are there other resources available?
Visit the Cuyahoga County resource page for renters to explore other options available to help you stay in your home.