The deadline to pay 2020 first half real estate taxes deadline has passed, but taxpayers can still safely and securely pay their taxes.
All taxpayers, including those who have not received their bill by mail, can pay their taxes through the following methods:
- Online: Pay by e-check or credit/debit card
- By Phone: Call 1-800-272-9829 to pay by credit/debit card, for Spanish speaking: 1-800-487-4567
- Drop Box: Located at the County Administrative Headquarters 2079 E. 9th St., Cleveland, OH, for check or money order payments (Right-Hand Side of Main Entrance).
In accordance with Ohio Revised Code, taxpayers will be assigned a late fee of 5% if they pay their first half taxes between Friday, January 29 and Sunday, February 7. On Monday, February 8, the penalty increases to 10%.
All tax bills were mailed during the week of January 4, and the deadline was extended to January 28 to accommodate potential mail delays. However, if a taxpayer is late paying their taxes due to not receiving a bill, they can return a Remission of Late Payment Penalties Form to:
- Address: Cuyahoga County Treasury, 2079 East 9th Street, Cleveland, OH 44115
- Email: TREASCOMMENT@cuyahogacounty.us
- Fax: 216-443-7463
Each form will be reviewed by the Treasury Department and authorized on a case-by-case basis. If the remission is authorized, late penalties assessed to First Half Tax Payments will be removed from the tax bill or refunded.
If taxpayers are experiencing difficulties with making their payment, they should contact the County Treasurer at (216) 443-7420 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, or email email@example.com.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Read more stories like this in your inbox by subscribing to the County News Now Newsletter!