Advisory Council on Women’s Health
Description of Board and Responsibilities:
The Advisory Council on Women’s Health will advise the County Executive on all matters regarding women’s health, including reproductive healthcare. It will also help to guide the use of grants and other funding around women’s and reproductive health in Cuyahoga County. Additionally, it will develop strategies to engage the public about the issues of women’s health. The council will also create a crisis response plan in the case of a total abortion ban. Members will serve a 3 – year term.
- Act as a resource for information, advice, and recommendations regarding the County’s goals, strategies, and programs to support women’s health.
- Create recommendations for allocating grant funding related to women’s health issues.
- Provide advice and recommendations regarding funding programs to support better access to women’s healthcare.
- Meet publicly quarterly to provide a forum for the public to offer ideas and recommendations regarding women’s health.
- Serve as a resource for crisis response around the status of reproductive rights in the state of Ohio.
- Create a crisis response plan to take effect should there be a total abortion ban.
- Upon completing its work and at other times as appropriate, the council shall report findings and recommendations for policies and programs from the Advisory Council on Women’s Health and collected from the public regarding women’s health to the Executive and Cuyahoga County Council. This report will be available to the public online
The board will consist of 13 members, three of whom will be the County Executive, the President of County Council, and the Director of Health and Human Services (or their designees). The President of the MetroHealth System will serve or appoint a designee. The remaining nine seats will be filled by healthcare providers, members of the legal community, people who work directly with community organizations, and others with lived experience. All members must be electors in Cuyahoga County. Members serve without compensation.