The Cuyahoga County Microfilming Center can provide microfilming and image processing services for governmental units throughout the region. By statute, no office of Cuyahoga County government may purchase, lease, operate, or contract for the use of any microfilming or other image processing equipment, software, or services without prior approval of the CCMC.
The mission of CCMC is to assist county agencies and other governmental units in their quest to save funds, reduce storage space and increase efficiency of operation by scanning stored agency documents and converting the images to digital and microfilm storage and retrieval systems.
What We Do
The CCMC has established a cost‐effective system for back‐scanning, indexing and filming of documents, leading to their eventual removal from the Records Retention Schedules.
The system includes:
- Organizing for transportation to scanning area,
- Preparation of files and documents for scanning,
- Scanning of documents,
- Indexing and verification of files, if necessary,
- Processing of data to digital images and film backup,
- Assistance with modifying and updating current retention schedules,
- Secure removal and/or destruction of processed documents,
- Consulting services on in‐house, day‐forward scanning & document management.
The Cuyahoga County Microfilming Center has been able to assist agencies in eliminating large amounts of paper files, creating backup microfilm for disaster recovery purposes, and providing digital images for faster retrieval of information.