The MetroHealth System Correctional Health Program
The MetroHealth System is the correctional medicine contractor for the Cuyahoga County Jail.
Staff include the Administrator of Correctional Medicine, Medical Director, Director of Nursing, nurse and behavioral health managers, physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, medical assistants, paramedics and support staff.
Onsite services include:
- Primary and urgent care
- Chronic disease management
- Psychiatry and therapeutic counseling
- Substance use disorder and medication assisted treatment
- OB/GYN women’s health services
- Digital in-house x-ray/ultrasound imaging and laboratory support
- Onsite, 7-day per week pharmacy
- Specialty care available as needed
The Correctional Medicine Program at the Cuyahoga County Jail is accredited by the National Commission on Correctional Healthcare.
If you have a concern about the care your family member is receiving while they are in custody, please call the MetroHealth patient experience line at 216-778-5800, who will ensure that your message is received by the onsite healthcare team.