Requests for ADA Accommodation in Testing
The PRC will provide reasonable accommodation in testing if you have a verifiable Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-related disability. We encourage you to contact the PRC as soon as you are aware of the need for accommodation. You may contact the PRC at (216) 698-2290, via email at PRCEmploymentTesting@cuyahogacounty.us, or in person during the open computer lab hours listed in your exam notification email.
Please Note: 5 CFR 213.3102 (u) Schedule A applies only to federal agencies, and therefore is not applicable to Cuyahoga County positions.
Once you contact us, we may request additional information from you, which could include written documentation from a medical provider. If we request written documentation, then you will need to do the following:
- Print out the Request for ADA Accommodation in Testing form.
- Contact your medical provider to complete Section B of the form (including their signature).
- If your disability and/or the necessary accommodation cannot be adequately detailed on the form, then you will need to obtain additional supporting documentation from your medical provider.
- You must submit both the form and the supporting documentation prior to the last day of the testing window and according to the instructions on the form.
The PRC will evaluate your request for ADA accommodation in testing.
- If we accept the request, then we will email you the new details of your test, including the date, time, location, and nature of the provided accommodation.
- If the PRC determines that you did not follow procedures or submit adequate documentation, then we will reject the request, and you will need to take your test as originally scheduled and under standard administration conditions.
- If the PRC determines that you provided untruthful or fraudulent information as part of your request, then we will reject the request, and you will no longer be eligible to take the test.